Lumpia Shanghai a very common appetizer here in the Philippines, but we sometimes like to make this dish as main course. It's so easy to make.
How to make:
You have to mix all ingredients together: ground pork, minced onions, minced garlic, carrots, salt, pepper, garlic powder and soy sauce.
3. Put some mixture in the wrapper and follow the procedure as shown below:
*Flatten the mixture in wrapper, roll it and seal it with water.
* Cut into three sections using scissors.
4. In hot pan with oil, fry shanghai rolls 🙂
Lumpia Shanghai Recipe:
Lumpia Shanghai is a Filipino appetizer that consists of ground pork and vegetables rolled inside a thin wrapper.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Calories: 241 cal per serving
- 300 grams of ground pork
- Minced onions
- Minced garlic
- Minced carrots
- Garlic powder
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Spring roll wrapper ( 7pcs)
Yields: 21 pcs
- Mix together ground pork, minced onions, minced garlic and carrots
- Add the seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, soy sauce. Mix all together. I used my hands in this.
- Put some mixture in the wrapper on one side
- Flatten the mixture, roll it and seal it with water
- Cut into three sections using scissors
- Deep fry the shanghai until crispy and cooked 🙂
- You can deep fry the shanghai for better result. I just pan fry all sides equally since I don’t have ample amount of oil. Still works!
- Served with sweet chili sauce