I have extra spring roll wrapper from my lumpia shanghai and was thinking of what to do it. I saw a canned of tuna and decided to use this to make tuna cheese samosa. Samosa is a fried pastry with savory filling. You can play around by choosing what filling you want or what you have available ingredients in your home.
How to make:
Drain a can of hot and spicy Century Tuna. Discard the oil in it. You can use the non spicy for this. Prepare small cubes of cheddar cheese and a little cream cheese if available. Mix with tuna to make a filling for your pastry.
I cut the spring rolls diagonally to make a triangular shape. Put the filling in the wrapper and seal with water.
In pan, fry the samosa until brown for about 2 mins on both sides.
Tuna Cheese Samosa Recipe:
This recipe is very easy to make and very fulfilling. Even kids will love it!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Calories: 65 cal per serving
- Hot and Spicy Century Tuna ( 55grams)
- Spring roll wrapper
- cream cheese ( any brand)
- cheddar cheese ( you can also use Monterey jack cheese)
- Drain century tuna and discard oil
- Cut cheddar cheese into small cubes
- Add together the tuna, cheddar cheese and cream cheese. Mix together to make the filling.
- Cut the spring roll wrapper diagonally
- Fold into triangular shape
- add the filling
- Seal with water
- Pan fry on both sides until brown for about 2 mins each sides
- This yields into 8 pcs of samosa
- You can play around the filling by omitting cream cheese, adding different kinds of cheese instead