Korean Fried Chicken is very famous here in the Philippines especially when you often watched K-drama series. It will always have a scene where in they get together in a fried chicken house, eating chicken with beer. We have several Korean restaurants here serving fried chicken but I want to try to make one at home. I'm trying to make it less spicy because I can't tolerate too spicy. I just put a little red pepper paste for a milder spiced.
How to make:
The first step is to season the wings with salt and pepper for at least 30 minutes to ensure there is also flavor inside.
Combine all purpose flour, potato starch, baking soda and egg. Add these dry ingredients into the marinated chicken wings.
In hot pan, put enough oil and fry the wings. It’s better to deep fry it to be extra crispy. But I just fry it on both sides.
For the sauce:
In pan, put oil, minced garlic, ketchup, maple syrup, vinegar and little red pepper paste ( gochujang ).
Simmer a bit until thicken. Add the chicken and coat it well.
Yangnyeom Korean Fried Chicken Recipe:
Yangnyeom Fried Chicken is a battered chicken coated in sweet and spicy sauce.
Category: Main Course
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Calories: 267 cal per serving
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup potato flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- minced garlic
- 1/3 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tb red pepper paste ( gochujang ) * put more for more spice
- 1/2 tb vinegar
- Marinade chicken wings in salt and pepper for 30mins
- Combine all purpose flour, potato flour, baking soda and egg
- Mix until coat in chicken wings
- In hot pan, fry the chicken wings and set aside.
- For the sauce: Add oil, minced garlic, ketchup, maple syrup, vinegar and gochujang.
- Simmer for 5 mins until thicken
- Put back the chicken wings and coat well in the sauce.